2-days chimpanzee tracking Budongo Forest and Ziwa Rhino tracking safari leads to Budongo Forest, ranked as number two for chimpanzee tracking in Uganda. Located close to Murchison Falls National Park, for tracking chimpanzees as well as do bird watching with 360 species from either at Kaniyo Pabidi or Busingiro section. The tracking permits goes for USD 90.00 per person, and tracking can be done either in the morning or afternoon.
Highlights for 2-days chimpanzee tracking Budongo Forest and Ziwa Rhino Trekking
- Bird watching experience in Budongo forest.
- Chimpanzee tracking in Busingiro and Kaniyo Pabidi.
- Guided Nature walks in Budongo forest reserve.
- Visit Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary for Rhino tracking safari.
- 1 night in eco-friendly accommodation (Budongo Eco-Lodge).
Detailed itinerary for 2 days chimpanzee tracking Budongo Forest and Ziwa Rhino
Day 1: Rhino tracking and transfer to Budongo Forest Reserve
Have breakfast as you wait for pick up from your hotel or residence by our driver guide at 6:00 am and start off the journey by 6:30 am. A drive will take not more than 4 hours as it will be direct to Ziwa Rhino sanctuary to carry out the Rhino tracking experience where you get close to the endangered species with the help of the ranger and keeper, later on proceed to Masindi for your lunch, thereafter, continue to the park and drive directly to the top of the falls, one of the world’s most powerful waterfall and Uganda’s incredible attraction. Check in to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
DESTINATION AND SELECTION OF LODGING.
- Main destination: Budongo Forest Reserve
- Accommodation: Budongo Eco lodge
- Meal plan: half board (lunch and dinner)
Day 2: chimpanzee tracking Budongo forest in Busingiro and Kaniyo Pabidi
Take your morning breakfast, our driver or guide will take you to the chimpanzee tracking starting point in Budongo. A short briefing by ranger about the park and some important tracking tips before you set off into the Jungle. Chimpanzee tracking experience in Budongo Forest takes you to a habitat where more than 13 primate species can be seen which includes chimpanzees, black and white colobus monkey, red colobus monkey, vervet monkey and many more. Return to the lodge for lunch, check out of lodge and then drive straight back to Kampala or Entebbe for drop off at desired destination.
DESTINATION AND Meals.
- Main destination: Kampala or Entebbe airport
- Meal plan: half board (breakfast and lunch)
Chimp tracking Budongo and Ziwa Rhino tracking Includes:
- Airport Transfer pick up and drop off.
- Transportation by safari vehicle.
- En-route lunch.
- 1 Chimpanzee trekking Permit.
- English speaking driver-guide.
- Entrance fees.
- Driver allowances.
- Driver guide.
- Bottled drinking water in safari Vehicle.
- All activities mentioned in the itinerary.
However, Chimp tracking Budongo and Ziwa Rhino Excludes:
- Uganda Visas
- Luxury drinks.
- Tips to the local guide.
- Telephone fees.
- Porter fees when trekking chimpanzee in Budongo.
- Personal insurance and shopping.
- Any other item not mentioned above.