2-days chimpanzee trekking and canopy walk in Nyungwe Forest National Park. The park is located in the south-western part of Rwanda, which covers an area of 1015km2 and has a montane rainforest type in Africa. In record 500 chimps roam the forest, and a total of 30 have been habituated for trekking experience.
Not to mention that 13 primate species like troops of colobus monkeys, can be trekked; on record, 300 bird species call it a home; and the main attractions include chimpanzee tracking and canopy walk experience. In addition to, this safari will start and end in Kigali Rwanda.
Detailed itinerary for affordable 2-days chimpanzee trekking Nyungwe
Day 1: Transfer from Kigali city to Nyungwe Forest for canopy walk.
Get ready to be picked up from your hotel or airport by Simba African Expeditions’ driver or guide, who will do a short brief on the safari, and later drive off straight to Nyungwe Forest National Park, upon reaching, retire into booked lodge for check in, get lunch and later afternoon, head out for a canopy forest walk. After the walk, head back to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
DESTINATION AND SELECTION OF LODGING.
- Main destination: Nyungwe Forest National Park
- Budget accommodation: Chimpanzee Lodge
- Meal plan: Half board (lunch and dinner)
Day 2: chimpanzee tracking in Nyungwe Forest and travel back to Kigali.
Upon taking your breakfast at 6:00 a.m., and ready with your packed lunch and drinking water, you’ll be transferred to the park headquarters. Do short brief about chimpanzee tracking rules and regulation in Rwanda, and then straightly transferred to the starting point of the trek, thereafter, head into the jungles in search for chimpanzees. After locating them, not more than an hour of view and photograph is allowed. Later on, head back to the start point to meet your driver or guide to head back to the lodge for checkout and drive back to Kigali for drop off at airport or desired destination.
DESTINATION AND MEALS.
- Main destination: Kigali city or Kigali International airport
- Meal plan: Half board (breakfast and lunch)
Chimpanzee tracking and waterfall hiking in Nyungwe includes.
- Park entry fees
- 1 chimpanzee tracking permit.
- All activities
- All accommodation
- A professional driver or guide
- All transportation
- All Taxes or VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals (as specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinking water
However, 2-days chimpanzee tracking & waterfall hike excludes.
- International flights (from to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips (tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- The government imposed an increase in taxes and or park fees.