1-day Ngamba island chimpanzee sanctuary is home to a variety of plant species, birds and beautiful unique reptile species such as snakes, and lizards. Not forgetting the beautiful scenery as the sun rises on this gorgeous little island. Have a unique opportunity for close viewing of chimpanzees in their natural environment due to the pre-arranged supplementary feeding times between (11: 00 am and 3:00 pm each day)
That brings the chimpanzees to within meters of the raised walkway designed for easy viewing and provides excellent photographic opportunities. An island has a well-built East African style luxurious tented camp for accommodation option if you want to have an overnight stay, giving you the ultimate East African experience.
Highlights for affordable 1-day Ngamba island chimpanzee sanctuary
- Feeding chimpanzees at Ngamba island
- Boat Cruise on Lake Victoria
- Visiting Entebbe Zoo (Uganda Wildlife Educational Center)
- Bird Watching at Botanical Gardens
Detailed itinerary for affordable 1-day Ngamba island chimpanzee sanctuary
After a short briefing by the guide, depart from Entebbe pier on the shores of Lake Victoria and travel by boat to Ngamba island chimpanzee sanctuary. The boat takes about 45 minutes to reach Ngamba island chimpanzee sanctuary and crosses the Uganda Equator en-route. Upon arrive at the sanctuary, you’ll get a small briefing and then view the morning feeding of the chimpanzees from the visitors’ platform area along the end of the sanctuary fence. Seeing the chimps interact with each other and with their keepers is extremely fascinating.
Visit the neighboring fishing village, have birding and other wildlife experiences, sunbathe and rest. In the relatively short amount of time, while you’re there, you’ll be able to see different chimpanzee personalities among the group, with some whistling for food and others clapping. upon enjoying your stay on the Island, return to Entebbe in the afternoon and have lunch at the Uganda wildlife education center.
After lunch, proceed to Uganda wildlife education center to watch a variety of wild animals in their protected sections and this could take you an hour or slightly more. Drive back to Kampala to your hotel or home and that is the end of your one-day adventure.
Things to bring for 1-day Ngamba island chimpanzee tour in Uganda.
- A rain jacket is essential as it could unpredictably rain.
- Light clothes as the sun does shine pretty bright in this part.
- A good insect repellent to keep those persistent insects away.
- A good zooming lens camera for photos.
Ngamba chimpanzee sanctuary excursion in Uganda includes:
- Airport transfer pick up and drop off.
- Transportation by safari vehicle.
- En-route lunch.
- English speaking driver or guide.
- Entrance fees.
- Driver allowances.
- Driver guide.
- Boat-cruise to the chimpanzee sanctuary.
- Bottled drinking water in safari Vehicle.
- All activities mentioned in the itinerary.
However, this Ngamba chimpanzee tour in Uganda excludes:
- Uganda visa.
- Luxury drinks.
- Tips to the local guide.
- Telephone fees.
- Porter fees when tracking.
- Personal insurance and shopping.
- Any other item not mentioned above.